Rabbit Sausage Recipe
- 2 lbs DB Farms rabbit meat, diced
- .5 lbs pork fat, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the rabbit, pork fat and seasonings together, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Grind the meat twice in a meat grinder fitted with a 1/2-inch die. (A food processor could also be used)
- Once the meat is ground, it can be used as desired.
- Stuff into natural hog casings for links
- Add to your favorite chili’s, stews, gumbo etc
- Great for burgers, tacos etc.