Rabbit Carbonara Recipe
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 DB Rabbit, ground or diced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 16 oz Tagliatelle (Or pasta of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Chanterelles (or mushroom of your choice)
- Fresh Parsley
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy, reserve 2 tbsp of the bacon drippings
- Season DB Rabbit with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 bacon drippings in the skillet and Brown Rabbit until juices run clear, approximately 5 minutes, Remove Rabbit
- Heat remaining bacon drippings in skillet and add mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes then and garlic and pepper and cook until fragrant
- Add wine into skillet; cook at a simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk Parmesan cheese and eggs together in a bowl. Slowly pour wine mixture into the Parmesan mixture while whisking continuously.
- Add Pasta to Generously Salted Boiling Water, Cook Al Dente
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the water from the pot for later use.
- Drain the pasta.
- While hot stir bacon, Rabbit, and wine mixture into the pasta. Thin sauce with reserved pasta water if desired.
- Garnish with Parsley